7 Jan 2011

Eas-ay! Eas-ay!



First official match in charge and it’s a win in the Dutch Super Cup. I wanted to bring the fans a taste of things to come, and I think I just about managed it in this 2-0 victory against a good FC Twente side. The bookies and the pundits had us likely to be the winners, so the result wasn’t too much of a surprise, but you never know against these good teams.

The first goal came from one of their player’s poor pitch-length pass; our full back stamped it out and played a good through ball, two touches later it was in the back of the net! 10 mins later we had a penalty given our way, personally I thought it was a big call to make and wouldn’t have begrudged the ref if he didn’t give it, but he gave it. Unluckily for us we did not capatalise and our midfielder Lodeiro hit the cross-bar. So later, when we got another penalty in the 65th min I wanted to see if he could not bottle it this time. He didn’t and we eased to victory.

Overall, we had a good game our opponents didn’t come at us and ultimately gave away chances under the pressure. Two penalties and a poor pass gave us our chances, so we seem to miss a bit of creativity – but I’ll put that down to the team not being adjusted yet to my tactics. It’ll come… just might take a bit longer

No comments:

Post a Comment