3 Jan 2011

Let's See This Team Then Uri


It’s the first week on the job; I’ve called up the unlucky 18 staff who I have sacked. Having over 15 Youth Coaches put me in an uncompromising position as I looked to bring more diversity and my own people. Reshuffling those who were not cut out to be Youth Coaches into teaching the First Team has also saved some money.

Wednesday 14th July 2010, two days into my management of the club we have our first game against Ajax Cape Town – a South African academy the club set up. As I had yet to have a formal training session with the players, I let the assistant manager Danny Blind pick the team in a formation I created. This also was not an important or difficult match, so I asked him to tell the players to go out and show me what they could do against weaker opposition.

Tactic











Match Result













Overall the match went well, Mido disappointed upfront missing an easy opportunity and a poor back-pass nearly cost the team dear at 1-0. El Hamdaoui also had a disappointing first 20 mins, but improved later with a cross of his ending up in the back of the net from a big deflection. Later, though, with two goals coming from corners in the latter half restored some confidence in me that the team was learning the tactics I set up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment